Big news this week in case you missed it. There were 4 PASSEs, and now there are 3. ForeverCare says they can’t move forward, right before the PASSEs would all receive the payment to manage everyone’s care on March 1. What does this all mean? Now what?
The news has covered this some in the past few days. Forevercare says the program isn’t ready, but DHS says they are. Watch this video or read this news story to see what ForeverCare had to say:
If you don’t know what the PASSE is, check this out (MSL Resource).
Or watch this previous town hall recording from DHS.
In light of ForeverCare’s announcement, this is what you can do:
(1) If you are concerned about this whole thing, you need to contact DHS through the PASSE Ombudsman.
They’re supposed to take our complaints, concerns, and help us solve problems:
Call – 1-844-843-7351 (during business hours)
Email – PASSEOmbudsmanOffice@dhs.arkansas.gov
More info – https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/about-dhs/dms/passe-ombudsman If you’re a provider, and you’re confused or concerned about all of this and how it will work before March 1, you need to contact DHS through
Tanya Giles | firstname.lastname@example.org | 501-320-6189
(2) A lot of people want to contact their legislators and let them know what’s going on. After all, the state legislators voted this through when they voted for Act 775.
Keep them up to date on how this system is affecting you.
Contact our state legislators.
Contact any elected legislator in the US.
See how your local Representatives or Senators voted on Act 775.
(3) If you thought this was confusing, get ready for more. Keep a note pad by the phone. Keep everything that is mailed to you, and keep a phone log.
If you are a ForeverCare family, they are going to be your PASSE until March. Even after you’re reassigned, your new PASSE isn’t supposed to officially take over until March 1. But your new PASSE will be contacting you to give you more information, find out more about you and everything you need. So make sure you don’t forget ForeverCare’s contacts.
- Gateway Healthplan
- Their HANDBOOK (rules, your rights, and information)
- Network Provider Directory
- Michael McCabe
- Care Coordination Contact: Sherri McCourtney email@example.com
(4) You’re going to get reassigned in early February, and you’re going to get 90 days to switch PASSEs if you want.
That means you’ll have until May to decide if you like your PASSE, and if you don’t, you’ll have to research which one you want to go to.
Here is the other PASSE information. You need to check out their handbooks and networks. Ask other families what they like and don’t like about their PASSEs.
Some of them are having family and provider meeting this month. Call them to find out when theirs is!
- Arkansas Total Carehttp://www.arkansastotalcare.com | 1-866-282-6280
CEO, John Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Coordination Contact: Amber Baker | (501) 478-2597
NETWORK LIST – none shown on website
- Empower Healthcare Solutionshttp://www.getempowerhealth.com | 1-866-261-1286
CEO, Nicole May – email@example.com
Care Coordination Contact: Jamie Ables | Office (501) 707-0961
- Summit Community Carehttp://www.summitcommunitycare.com | 1-844-405-4295
CEO, Jason Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Coordination Contact: Tiffany Parkhurst | (501) 773-6273
(5) After ForeverCare’s announcement, everyone became more concerned and had serious questions. Make sure you ask your questions! Ask DHS, ask your legislators, and ask in our group.
This is what DHS had to say to our questions as of Jan 18: