DHS notified the public of some proposed rule changes on several issues. You have the opportunity to take action and make a public comment until September 12, 2018 on those documents. How would one choose to make a public comment about the many issues that are changing? Watch the video for more details!
This is how you can place your own public comment for the record:
1. First, follow this link (copy and paste it into your internet address window): https://medicaid.mmis.arkansas.gov/General/Comment/Comment.aspx
2. You will see some documents on a long page that are available for public comment by September 12, 2018. The documents you want look just like the ones in the graphic below. The ones in the long section on bottom are old, and the date has passed.
3. You will want to view the documents. Click on the blue link with that name (on the Medicaid website), and it will download the file for you.
4. Open the file from your document downloads, if it doesn’t open automatically for you.
5. At first glance, it may be difficult to understand, but try to read through it as best as you can. You might understand more than you think.
6. After you read through it, you might want to send in some comments about how this will affect you. For example in the PASSE manual, you might want to comment on what the PASSE is required to cover.
7. You can choose to mail your comments, but the faster way is by email. You can send your comments in an email to email@example.com, but be sure to reference which manual you’re commenting on in the subject line.
8. Make sure to do this before September 12, 2018!