Updated: 7/9/17 4:08 pm
By now, you’ve probably seen more than 10 different news stories about the Senate healthcare bill. Maybe 10 per day! But what’s the truth? Will it really cut Medicaid? Will it really affect everyone? Well, the only way for you to know is for you to read it yourself. And we can help you.
You need to read, but also, don’t stop responding. The Senate wants to vote on this bill as soon as they can come to an agreement. They’re having many negotiations behind closed doors. Let your voice be heard through those doors! These are the Arkansas Senators to contact:
Sen. John Boozman (202) 224-4843
Sen. Tom Cotton (202) 224-2353
If you’re not from Arkansas, this info pertains to you as well. Every call matters. Here’s the number for Senators across the nation: 866-426-2631
What’s truly in the bill?
- guide to what the bill says
- simple chart that compares the ACA (Obamacare), AHCA (House bill), and the BCRA (Senate bill).
- data and comparison of the ACA/AHCA/BCRA
- another chart to compare the bills
- A video walk-through guide of what it says with page numbers so you can investigate for yourself
- explanation of block grants and per capita caps
- research of why it affects everyone
- 10 Reasons it’s bad for AR
- How it will affect rural AR